Friday 19 November 2010

Fine Friday fun.


If I cared enough about Kate Middleton and got excited about celebrity and the Royal Family in the same way I'm led to believe everyone else does, then I would entertain the thought of writing some sort of kinky royal family's new daughter/wife fiction with rather a lot of stockings, open mouths, exposed bottoms and misued hoover cables!

I kept sleep off last night despite being very tired just getting to the end of As She'd Told, reading it properly and not missing Maia's progress.

I want to buy Owned and Owner by the same author, in my opinion from what I see so far it takes slavery further than As She's Told, but I'm going to have a read of some excerpts. When I read some reviews of Owned and Owner, I went back to one that comes from an author whom I admire a lot. Initially, when I read her review and I know what happens in O & O, I thanked her for writing what she did, I don't know if she's changed her mind about O & O but to some extent, she's gone or coming back to it. The thing is when I read As She's Told the first time, I thought it was something that wasn't going to arouse me. Well, last night that was so not the case.

As I'm on my own journey and experiencing new things and emotions, I just want to read books that go more and more kinky. Well not to the horrofic extent but then some people would class a woman being treated like a dog horrific. The thing is like I said she's had slave fantasies her entire life and from her first meeting with her future Dominant Anders, he makes it clear just what he wants from her.

At the same time, whilst Maia is going through what some have said dehumanisation and degradation, Anders says to her that he's never going to make her into something he hates. When I read that book, I understood. Anders doesn't hate women. He's not a psychopath. He does not want to destroy Maia to nothing, he wants to OWN her. When owning her, he wants to COMPLETELY own her. In books and in fantasy, that is doable. It will get a reaction because it's done, it's really done. Short of her being made to bark, in reality the fears that I would have from never going to the toilet like a normal person again to being very much under Sir's thumb- electronically tagged, watched on cameras, are addressed by the story and Maia's responses. The book goes to some scary areas because yes she is dehumanised. She's not speaking for some time. She's also getting what she wants and needs and I think it's not damage when someone isn't harmed and someone isn't harmed when their brain and body become better. Maia doesn't fit into society even more now, she is "unhealthy." She is completely Ander's. Completely. And it's scary. My heart beats faster just thinking about this. It's a scary path. Did I mention it's scary.

And I can relate so much to that. But I wouldn't be improving with people, in my writing, reading, chores and work if I didn't have my submission to Sir and initially I was scared, wracked with nerves and out of my depth.

Maia has to defend herself when it comes to one woman whom she meets at an event and Anders lets her do her work. He doesn't baby her. He doesn't think she's incapable. He gives her that chance, that thing of stepping back and watching and listening.

There are so many things that I understand about As She's Told including when it comes to what submission means to a Dominant, it hit a few things home. I read books about submission from her point of of view and when I read about His, it's something new for me.

Maia's submission and slavery is not for everyone. For example, Anders doesn't keep the fact she's his slave secret. She's in a cage and made to service his friends and brother and become bisexual. The bisexuality is an obstacle she has to overcome and then the story has a big theme of conditioning, which cynics term as brainwashing (which I have so many problems with), Maia welcomes touch like anything, I can imagine her like an eager dog actually when she gets it whatever it is.

As we know, everyone has their dynamic but I liked that I was reading something about complete ownership and what comes with that. It's also a brilliantly written book because it's articulate and the descriptions are just beautiful, and I'm more of a conversation person normally!

I look forward to Owned and Owner. I know it's seen as the more disturbing book by this author. And it has an exotic theme and storyline less, traditional than As She's Told which I'm neither praising nor criticising.

"A story of unconditional slavery..

(this is what got my interest before I read As She's Told)

"told from inside a woman’s bound and naked skin.

Far in the future exists a world of men, a planet where the only women are rare and exotic pets. These few women, convicted of crimes, have chosen their punishment: slavery on Henth. The few men who buy them know what they are getting: eager submissives, willing to accept the status of animals in order to be owned by men. Etrin is a young woman who makes this choice; Garid is the man who buys her. Their story is one of dominance and submission taken as far as the imagination can go.

Long prior to the time of the book, Henth’s colonizers split along gender lines, and the women removed themselves to a separate planet. The two societies have almost lost sight and memory of each other, except for the rare occasions when a woman chooses slavery on Henth over the alternative punishment on her home planet. Driven by a deep need for submission, Etrin pushes her misbehaviour year after year, knowing that she’ll eventually be sent to Henth.

When finally convicted and sentenced for her crimes, the bound Etrin is overwhelmed by her first contact with the men on the planet Henth. Soon transferred to the care of animal handlers, she’s caged for transport along with the other exotic pets, and prepared for the auction that will determine her new owner. Once Garid purchases his new pet, Etrin goes through stages of acceptance and the relinquishment of self as she faces the strict demands required of her. Meanwhile, Garid, driven and possessive, establishes a sense of ownership strong enough that he is finally able to share her. Readers learn of Etrin’s struggles in the form of first-person introspection, and Garid’s as he talks with his friend Therin, another dominant."

No comments:

Post a Comment