Sunday 17 October 2010

I promise I won't do this again.

It's deeply unsettling but also when you detach your stomach from the rest of your body, actually very funny so I thought I would share.



"Cherie was an incredible strength during those months. She knew her own life was about to change and for her it was equally frightening, in some ways even more so [...]


However, that night she cradled me in her arms and soothed me; told me what I needed to be told; strengthened me; made me feel that what I was about to do was right. I had no doubt that I had to go for it, but I needed the reassurance and, above all, the emotional ballast.

In many ways, I am very emotionally self-sufficient; in some ways, too much so. I make emotional commitment because it comes naturally to me. But I fear it also; fear the loss of control and the fact that the consequences of caring can be painful; fear the dependence; perhaps fear learning the lesson, from love that goes wrong, that human nature is frail and unreliable after all.

On that night of 12 May 1994, I needed that love Cherie gave me, selfishly. I devoured it to give me strength, I was an animal following my instinct, knowing I would need every ounce of emotional power and resilience to cope with what lay ahead. I was exhilarated, afraid and determined, in roughly equal quantities."

From Tony Blair's memoir A Journey, published by Hutchinson


So this is from an article which wasnt that great a read in my opinion. I feel it's only telling a quarter of the story and as usual we're going around in circles. http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/oct/16/sex-disappearing-from-novels

No comments:

Post a Comment